Sunday, October 10, 2010

Great weekend. My mother and my sister visited for the first time in five years. I've been home several times in the last five years to see them, but it's been that long since they've come to see me. Actually, they didn't really come to see me alone. They came to see the latest addition to our family, Ms. Karrington Chandler, or K.C., as she's been most affectionately called in these four months of her life. She is the daughter of my oldest niece who was the first of my parents' grandchildren. KC is their first great-grandchild, my most precious grandniece.

Can't put into words what it's like to be part of a four generation of women weekend. The conversation, the laughter, and serendipitous walks down memory lane. The meaningful glances, quiet sidebars, mamma's hugs, a few tears, all of it laced through with carefree baby coos and her sweet, innocent laughter. Talk about an awesome thing to find yourself in the middle of.
It was living history and hopefully laying foundations for the future in the best possible way.

Feeling most fortunate right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment