Monday, October 3, 2011

Back

It's been way too long since I've written anything worth writing about. That inner critic of mine had me wrestled to the mat and for a while there, had gotten the best of me. I hear that voice relentlessly whispering next to my ear,"You have nothing to say that people want to hear," and I listen. I shut down and the blank screen mocks me in my submission. My brain freezes, and I'm left with a barren wasteland in the place of my flowing creativity. My once nimble fingers won't move. It's been like that, and I think I've started to like it. There is a certain odd comfort in, "I can't."

But enough is enough.

So, tonight, I said to the inner critic, "Eff you. I'm writing something, Even if it's bullshit and nonsense, I'm putting it out there and getting started one mo' 'gain."

My life is on overload, and it has been for a couple of years now with no real end in sight. But that's okay. I could take current conditions in my household as being taxing to my limits, but I'm choosing to look at it as people know they can trust me to hold onto them until they get back on solid footing. I could say the burden is too heavy, but I'm going to believe the burden was given to me because someone felt I was strong enough to carry it until it gets where it's supposed to go.

I'm going to choose to love all those orbiting around me and to keep going forward with my life because that is who I am.

And I'm going to choose to write because that is who I am, as well.

I'm back.


No comments:

Post a Comment